Monday, October 1, 2012

October is already here! I head back to Haiti at the end of the month. Wow! Time seems to go faster and faster the older I get. While it will be really hard for me to leave my boys and their families, my Mom and all the friends and relatives here in the US, I can hardly wait to get back to Haiti and the kids and people I love.

I have a dear friend in Haiti, Sandra, that is doing some amazing things. Her latest venture is building and equipping a handicapped school in Cite Soleil...one of the worst slums in the world; and who knows--it could be classified as the worst by now as Haiti was just recently named thee poorest nation in the world, and not just the Western Hemisphere. Since my ministry is first to the handicapped children I am really anxious to get there and visit the new school and spend time, when I can, helping there.


   
                                             http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cit%C3%A9_Soleil


No comments:

Post a Comment